Cherry cheesecake is a timeless dessert that is appropriate for any occasion. The amalgamation of smooth and creamy cheesecake, paired with the sweetness of cherries, is undeniably irresistible. Whether crafting it for a significant event or simply as a sugary indulgence, this recipe is guaranteed to make a lasting impression.
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Use a flat-bottomed glass to press the crust firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add in the sugar and vanilla extract, and beat until creamy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined.
- Pour the filling mixture over the crust in the springform pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the cheesecake is set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, spread the cherry pie filling over the top of the cheesecake.
- Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- To make a smoother cheesecake, make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before mixing.
- For a thicker cheesecake, use a 10-inch springform pan and increase the baking time by 5-10 minutes.
- You can also use other fruit toppings, such as blueberry or strawberry, for a different flavor.
If you’re looking for a healthier version of cherry cheesecake, here are some ideas:
- Use low-fat cream cheese and sugar substitutes to reduce the calorie and sugar content.
- Make a crust using crushed nuts, like almonds or pecans, instead of graham crackers.
- Use fresh cherries instead of canned pie filling.
Indulge your sweet tooth with the classic and delightful dessert that is cherry cheesecake. This recipe is both effortless to create and appropriate for any occasion. The blend of creamy cheesecake and sweet cherry topping culminates into a luscious harmony that is bound to captivate your loved ones. Give it a try for yourself and discover why this dessert has remained a timeless favorite.
- Can I use a different type of crust for this cheesecake? Yes, you can use any type of crust that you like. Some people prefer a cookie crust or even a chocolate crust.
- Can I make this cheesecake in advance? Yes, you can make this cheesecake up to 24 hours in advance. Just be sure to cover it with plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator.
- Can I use frozen cherries instead of canned pie filling? Yes, you can use frozen cherries. Just make sure to thaw them first and drain any excess liquid.